Welcome to my first edition of my monthly blog income report. Each Month I will prepare a report in which I will publish all my blog statistics and income that have been generated from Cash Flow Diaries.
I am new to the blogging scene so expect the numbers to be horrendous however I won’t let that discourage me. The main purpose of my blog is to help motivate me and others generate enough passive income to retire early. Any income made from the blog is just icing on the cake.
Cash Flow Diaries was born on May 22nd, 2015, that is day I bought the domain name. The remaining month of May I spent creating the first posts and making the blog ready for showing the world. June 2015 was the first full month and that is what I will be showing you today.
I started with zero blog experience and have been learning as I go. I have already spent countless hours since day 1 researching, reading about blogs and how to blog as well as writing blog posts. Unfortunately I have not kept track of hours spent but I assure you it’s a lot. Probably an average of 4 to 5 hours a day. Most of this time though has been just learning how to modify, tweak and update the website to my liking and reading everything I can find on blogging. Going forward I think most of the hours will just go towards writing blog posts.
Lets get to the meat and bones.
Startup Costs: (Born on date – May 22,2015)
Site Purchase from Blue Host for 3 years: $-226.08
Logo Purchase: $-50
Total Startup Costs: $-276.08
- I will not include my startup costs in my monthly blog income reports however until I generate enough income to cover all the startup costs. I will be in the RED.
Google AdSense: $20.05
- These are the finalized earnings from day 1 up until 06/30/2015. I will not hit the $100 minimum threshold for payout for a long time so for now, I will just calculate what is made each month. I’m actually quite surprised I even made this much. I was expecting just a few dollars so this is a good sign and I’m proud I was able to make $20 my first month ever blogging with no experience. Hopefully this will at least stay the same or better yet grow. At this rate, I can have my startup costs paid off in one year of blogging. Not too shabby I guess.
Amazon Affiliate: $0
- Wasn’t expecting to make anything from this so I feel okay about this. Not sure exactly how to generate money from Amazon quite yet but I’m randomly throwing amazon links out there on some posts where I feel good about it. No hits yet although I’ve had clicks. Not many though.
Flex Offers Affiliate: $0
- I have 2 affiliate ads from Flex Offers that I’m using however there was zero money made from these my first month.
Blue Host Affiliate: 0$
- Expectations where zero for this also being so new but I really hope I can get this one going some day. It’s a good pay out.
- Other then my startup costs, I have spent nothing but time on the blog.
Total Monthly Income for June, 2015:
Blog Statistics and Traffic:
Page Views: 3,994
- I’m going to go out on a limb here and say the first month was a big success for page views. I read somewhere that if you can generate 10k page views per month then that is a good blog. And since this is only my first full month, I am very happy at just under 4k page views. Yay! It has been very hard though trying to advertise the site and generate page views. I’m truly hoping this number continues to grow. I just don’t know what else I can do that I have already done to generate more traffic. I will keep researching and learning to try to increase this number.
Bounce Rate: 68.69%
- This number seems high to me. My guess is I’m not writing good enough content to keep people engaged. Need to research and work on lowering this number.
New Sessions: 80.24%
- I have no idea if this is a good number or not but this makes sense because my blog is so new, I haven’t been able to get many subscribers and return visitors just yet. Need to work on getting returning visitors for sure!
Subscriber Count: 23
- I am quite pleased with this number for the first month. Hopefully as the blog grows I can get more subscribers. Need to write better content or think of better ideas to try and get subscribers. Any suggestions?
Social Media Stats:
Twitter: 227 Followers (Follow me)
- Since the beginning of June I have spent about 15 minutes a day liking, commenting and just trying to gain new followers. I think this is a very good number for the first month. If I can grow that many each month, that would be amazing to me!
Facebook: 489 Friends (Friend me)
- Same with this one, about 15 minutes a day making friend requests, joining groups, commenting, liking and just being active. I am super happy about this number. 489 is a lot of facebook friends. Hoping the trend continues. The cool thing about facebook is it seems after the first few hundred or so, I started receiving many friend requests which is awesome!
Pinterest: 727 Followers (Follow me)
- I spend about 20 minutes a day on this one looking for good pins to add to my boards and following people hoping they follow back. I am very happy about this number as well. 727 is a lot of followers. Now I just need to make pictures that people will actually pin. It is very difficult to do this and I’m still in the learning phases on how to make really awesome pictures to go along with my posts. I’m not super creative and am not even close to being a graphic designer so it’s a big learning curve for me to do this.
So there you have it folks, the first full month blog statistics and income from a brand new blogger with zero experience. I hope you enjoyed reading the stats. I seem to find great pleasure in reading how other bloggers do each month. I really love the idea of posting the monthly income report which is why I created:
The Ultimate List of Monthly Blogger Income Reports where you can view actual monthly incomes from 30+ bloggers.
Do you think I did alright? How was your first month?