Welcome to my 6th edition of my monthly blog income report. Each Month I will prepare a report in which I will publish all my blog statistics and income that have been generated from Cash Flow Diaries. If you would like to see all or previous income reports of mine, you can do so here.
November was officially my 6th full month of blogging. I am literally at the half way mark for one whole year and I am very pleased with the progress that has been made with the blog. Including November, Cash Flow Diaries has made a total of $893.68. A full break down can be found below. Isn’t that amazing? I am almost at the $1k mark and if I continue with these stats, I should make about $1700 for my first year of blogging. Who knows what will happen of course with the next 6 months so I’ll just keep my fingers crossed and hope it does well. I honestly never thought the blog would be making this much money this early. And with zero blogging experience.
I decided that all my blog income is going to be put into my real estate account funds so that the money can and will be used for anything have to do with my rental properties. Whether its making repairs or flat-out buying new ones. To think, that one day, a long time from now of course this blog will buy me a rental property. Ha, that is awesome!
My ultimate goal is to reach financial freedom by generating enough passive income to be able to quit my job. So far I have been doing a pretty good job as I made $2450 in passive income for the month of November.
Cash Flow Diaries was born on May 22nd, 2015, that is day I bought the domain name. The remaining month of May I spent creating the first posts and making the blog ready for showing the world. June 2015 was the first full month which I was very pleased with.
Now let’s get to the meat and bones because I know that is what you really want to see.
Startup Costs: (Born on date – May 22,2015)
Site Purchase from Blue Host for 3 years: $-226.08 **Affiliate link**
Logo Purchase: $-50
Total Startup Costs: $-276.08
- As of September 7th, Cash Flow Diaries has officially generated more income to cover all my total expenses and startup costs since day 1. We are running free and clear until May 2018. So for all you new bloggers out there, if you are wondering how long it takes for a blog to recoup all its startup costs for a 3 year plan. It took me 3 and half months (108 days) to earn enough money to cover it all. Initially I had thought it was going to take me a whole year to do this but the blog has really taken off in my opinion and I am definitely making more money from the blog then I ever thought, especially this early in the game. It has not been easy at all so don’t think it is but if you want to see how I created Cash Flow Diaries, you can check out my step by step guide I created.
Google AdSense: $32.93
- These are the finalized earnings from November 1st to November 30th. Last month I made $50, this month it went down about $17. I did have less page views then the previous month so that may explain most of this. Either way, no complaints from me. I am completely happy with the $30 extra passive income made by the google ads.
- In 6 months of blogging, I have now made a grand total of $234.54 from AdSense. I am very pleased with this number. Of course I wish it was more and hope that it only gets better but it’s not easy generating traffic to my blog.
Amazon Affiliate: $.94
- Almost one full dollar made with amazon. Not much but its something. I’m perfectly happy with just any money being made through amazon affiliate. Every little penny helps me reach financial freedom just a teeny bit closer. 🙂
Flex Offers Affiliate: $100
- So happy about this one, I made $100 from my Personal Capital affiliate. I’m sure you already know what this is but it’s a personal finance manager online app that aggregates all your income and expenses and provides cool graphs and charts for you. It’s completely FREE and I find it very useful especially for tracking my net worth.
Blue Host Affiliate: $65
- I seem to be averaging about one blue host sign up per month and this is really helping my blog income stats. At a $65 payout per sign up this affiliate is my favorite and I hope I can get more in the future. I know people make money with this one, Pat Flynn makes over 40k per month on his blue host sign ups. He is crushing it! You can see his income on my Ultimate List of Blogger Incomes and of course he is ranked #1.
- Periodically a reader will contact me and wants to speak on the phone with me about investing in out of state properties. If I am up to it, I will charge anywhere from $50 to $60 per hour and I will answer any questions and give my personal advice on how to begin or who to get started with and so forth. Believe it or not, I actually get emails almost every single day about people wanting more info on how I am doing what I am doing with my real estate investing. It’s pretty cool. So anyhow, with that being said, I was contacted in November from a reader and we spoke on the phone for an hour. It was great and a win win for myself and the reader seeking info.
So I made a total of $248.87 from blogging in November. This makes my yearly earnings to date a grand total of $893.68. Awesome!!
- This was the fee paypal charged me when I was paid for the coaching I did. Other than that I had no expenses in November.
Total Monthly Income for November, 2015: (Income minus Expenses)
- I love blogging and it would be a dream if I could quit my job someday and just blog and invest in real estate. Of course that is a dream and if it does happen, it will be because of the passive income I make from real estate, not this blog.
Blog Statistics and Traffic:
Page Views: 10,428 (-2553 from last month)
- A significant smaller amount of page views then my previous month however I made more income. So with that being said, I am perfectly happy with this and I only hope I can at least maintain this amount. Of course I want to increase it but I think I will have to get lucky in order to start a significant amount of more page views. You never know though, so let’s see what happens.
Subscriber Count: 49 New Subscribers (332 total subscribers)
- I got 49 new subscribers in November. It was not as much as I have been averaging the last few months and the only reason why I can think this happened is because I have not been writing as many posts as I was before. I know for sure that in February, I will definitely put more effort into the blog and start writing more posts. For now I am okay with this. I do just love getting my emails when someone subscribes though. So if you want to be part of the awesome feeling I get when I get a new subscriber!! Then please subscribe just by typing in your email in this little box right here. Nice and easy. I promise you won’t get annoyed by my posts.
Social Media Stats:
Twitter: 265 New Followers (1247 total followers) Follow me
- I finally made it over 1k followers. This is the most amount of new twitter followers I have gained in one month and I owe it all to Steve Miller from WeRetiredEarly. He wrote this twitter post on how to increase followers and I have been utilizing some of his methods. It definitely works however it does take some time. I only started late last month also but I probably spend a good 20 to 30 minutes on twitter per day messing around and trying to gain more followers. There are some twitter accounts with millions of followers which is insane. I want that!! 😉
Facebook: 141 New Friends (2,843 total friends) Friend me
- My FB friends keep increasing and I love this. I would say that apart from search engine traffic, facebook is one of my biggest contributors to page views. I only hope to continue building this as it should help the blog increase traffic. Hopefully!
Pinterest: -9 New Followers (7,737 total followers) Follow me
- I actually lost pinterest followers in November. I admit I stopped spending time on this because it just is not providing enough traffic for me but it does provide a little bit. I will continue pinning my articles and hope for the best.
So there you have it folks, my 6th full month blog statistics and income from a new blogger who started with zero experience. I hope you enjoyed reading the stats. I seem to find great pleasure in reading how other bloggers do each month. I really love the idea of posting the monthly income report which is why I created:
The Ultimate List of Monthly Blogger Income Reports where you can view actual monthly incomes from over 40 different bloggers.
How do you think I am doing so far? Any tips or suggestions? If you would like to receive emails on future income reports and others posts when they are released, please subscribe here: