Is the secret to happiness passive income? Hear me out here. I mean we have all read and heard from super rich people that money does not make you happy. I get that! I mean having all the money in the world does not buy you love, friends or family. You can only buy material things with money and there are plenty of material things you can buy that may temporarily make you happy. I know that if I had a yacht or a bigger house, I would probably be a little happier for a summer or two.
A quick search online or even a brief survey from your family and friends will show you that the things people want more in life have little or nothing to do with money. The choices and activities we make in life seem to cause a greater sense of happiness. Ultimately, we have the power to make our own decisions and choose how we want to live life. These decisions can and will make you happy if you just do what it is that you want most in life.
Here are some examples people choose that they say will make them truly happy:
- Whether its to start a family or spend more time with loved ones, family is a top choice for people being happy. I know that when I have kids, I would want nothing more than to be able to have the luxury of spending all the time I can with them. Taking them to events, doing fun things outdoors, extracurricular activities, anything! Being there for them is what matters and what they will remember forever.
- Having friends and people to talk to, be silly with and experience life pleasures with is a big one. I mean we all love having friends and it’s always awesome to enjoy things with others. Sharing experiences and making memories with good friends will surely make you a happy person.
- The idea of helping others really makes you feel good inside. There is not much out there in the world that can make you feel good about yourself like it does when you have the satisfaction of helping someone or something in need. Whether it’s through volunteering or giving charitable contributions, this can really make you happy in life.
4) Being Healthy
- Taking care of your body is a great way to increase happiness. It feels good after working out and it feels even better knowing you are healthy and have the means of living a nice long life.
5) Continued education/learning
- A lot of people feel happy with knowledge. The more your brain can soak in the better. Learning new things can only make life better and keeps you sharp.
So where does passive income come to play here? None of those traits are material objects that can be purchased. My logic here is that passive income can give you the time to enjoy all these wonderful pleasures in life. Imagine not having to spend 10 hours of your day working or at a job trying to produce income to keep you afloat. That would really free up your time and allow you to be happy by doing and partaking in all these great traits that make people happy.
If you are receiving enough passive income per month to allow you to not have to work anymore, you could spend more time with your family, kids, grandchildren and even friends.
Not having to work so hard in life for money gives you much more energy and time to work out and get healthy. All this extra time passive income can give you also frees up time to get more educated. Imagine if your daily routine was workout, volunteer, learn and spend time with family and friends? Every single day folks! That to me sounds like a weekend to me. I would love a lifetime weekend.
That is what passive income can do for you and that is why I think passive income is the key to happiness. In the sense that earning passive income will let you enjoy all the actual traits and items that really do make you happy. This is why I working so hard right now and am very passionate about building my passive income streams. The time is now to setup and generate your cash flow. Be greedy, not fearful about making this happen. Do what you have to do to set this up!! I know that in the future, it will free up so much of our time and truly allow us to do all the finer things in life. Things we want to do but can’t right now because there just is not enough time and there are just too many work obligations hindering us from doing a lot of this stuff.
I mean don’t get me wrong here, I am happy now with my life and love every second of it. I just have dreams and aspirations to do more of what I enjoy the most and my passive income streams will one day allow me the opportunity to do whatever I want, whenever I want. That right there is all the motivation I need to keep on my journey to financial freedom.
I realize we are all unique people and what makes some people happy will not be the same for others. What makes you happy or what would make you happier? But more importantly, what are you going to do to MAKE IT HAPPEN? One of my favorite quotes of all time is from Michael Jordan and it goes “Some people want it to happen, some wish it would happen, others make it happen.” Which one are you?