Welcome to my 3rd edition of my monthly blog income report. Each Month I will prepare a report in which I will publish all my blog statistics and income that have been generated from Cash Flow Diaries. If you would like to see all or previous income reports of mine, you can do so here.
August was officially my 3rd full month of blogging. I am still new to the blogging scene so don’t expect great numbers but I must say I am extremely happy about August. I actually do not think I will be able to match my August numbers for the rest of the year, you will see why below. Regardless what the numbers are, my ultimate goal is to retire early. The main purpose of my blog is to help motivate me and others generate enough passive income to retire early. Any income made from this blog is just icing on the cake.
Cash Flow Diaries was born on May 22nd, 2015, that is day I bought the domain name. The remaining month of May I spent creating the first posts and making the blog ready for showing the world. June 2015 was the first full month which I was very pleased with.
Wow! I must say August was a very weird, wild and crazy month. I had my first negative net worth update which I was sad about. This mainly happened because of black Monday and the whole stock market crash. But I also went on vacation and had a blast. I am in the process of buying my 4th turnkey rental property. My poor dog was also bitten by a brown recluse spider and had to have about a third of her ear chopped off. It was really crazy. She is fine now though so don’t worry although overall it ended up costing me about $1000 which sucked! And last but not least, I had a post go viral (in my opinion) which really boosted up my August numbers.
Now let’s get to the meat and bones because I know that is what you really want to see.
Startup Costs: (Born on date – May 22,2015)
Site Purchase from Blue Host for 3 years: $-226.08 **Affiliate link**
Logo Purchase: $-50
Total Startup Costs: $-276.08
- I will not include my startup costs in my monthly blog income reports as it was a onetime expense on day 1 however until I generate enough income to cover all the startup costs. I will be in the RED. Note, after next month I should have made enough money to pay for all of this! Schweeeeet!
Google AdSense: $67.43
- These are the finalized earnings from August 1st to August 31st. I am blown away by this number. My first month I made $20, 2nd month I made $30 and now $67. For a grand total of $117.43 in google adsense since I started blogging 3 months ago. I can’t begin to express how happy I am with that number especially after reading how much other longer established blogs are making with their adsense. I do admit right now though that the majority of this was made in 1 day in August. And it was the day this post went insane on the web. I will talk more about how this happened below, so keep reading.
Amazon Affiliate: $12.97
- Last month I made my first ever amazon money at it was $.90. So as you can tell, this is a huge jump from 90 cents. Almost $13! I know you are probably laughing in my face about that amount but I love it. It feels great to get additional income from the blog even if it’s not much. $12 pays for my netflix account so that is one more bill knocked off by side hustling. Yeah!!!
Flex Offers Affiliate: $0
- I have 3 affiliate ads from Flex Offers that I’m using however there was zero money made from any of these. I did have a few clicks but just no conversions. It’s okay though, I have nothing else to put where these ads are so Ill just leave them up and hope for the best.
Blue Host Affiliate: $65
- Whooohoooo!! I made my first Blue Host affiliate money in August. One person created a website from my links and I made a whopping $65 for this. I really wish and hope this one takes off some more because it pays so well.
So I made a total of $145.40 just from blogging in August. That adds up to a total of $265 of money the blog has earned me since birth. You know what that means folks? I am $12 dollars away from paying off all my start-up costs and expenses I have had from creating this blog. So I’m assuming after next month, this blog will be running free and clear for the next 3 years. My startup costs were high because I paid for the next 3 years of hosting. On my first blog and income report, I estimated it would take me 1 whole year to do this. I am very happy that it should happen in 4 months.
Zip, Zilch, Zero, Nada: $0
- That’s right folks. Zero expenses for August. I am no longer buying anything more for the blog because I don’t think I need it. We’ll see down the road but I am not planning on paying for advertising or anything else unless I decide to have something that I can actually sell on this blog. Which may happen. I just need to figure out what and how.
Total Monthly Income for August, 2015: (Income minus Expenses)
- I love blogging and it would be a dream if I could quit my job someday and just blog and invest in real estate. Of course that is a dream and if it does happen, it will be because of the passive income I make from real estate, not this blog.
Page Views: 19,773 (+12,597 from July)
- My first month I had 4k views, 2nd month I had 7k views, and now it jumps all the way up to almost 20k. This all happened because the good people at The Penny Hoarder added one of my posts to their Facebook feed. They have over 1 million likes on their Facebook page so in just one day of posting it, I got 9k views. To me that is going viral but I know that is just chump change to other experienced bloggers. I tell you it was a wild ride that day looking at my stats. I could not stop looking at it. Was so amazed at the amount of traffic coming in. I loved it! The next day I got 1k views, then after that it was like it never existed. Right back down to my normal numbers which seems to be about 200 – 400 page views per day. So if that were never to have happened, I probably would have got just under 10k views. Which is still awesome and I would have been extremely happy with that number for month #3. I know this will not happen again unless I get super lucky so next month. I am expecting to go back to reality and hopefully I can get 10k views for September.
Bounce Rate: 74.46% (+13.93% from July)
- My bounce rate took a nose dive because of that one day. I mean it was great to get that many views but they weren’t very engaged readers. Most of them just took off after that one page and I don’t blame them. Honestly I really am caring less and less about this statistic. It really doesn’t matter to me and I may just remove this stat all together for next month. What do you think?
Subscriber Count: 72 New Subscribers (131 total subscribers)
- I got 72 new subscribers in August and a bunch of that did come from those 2 days. I doubt I will ever get this many more subscribers in one month but it feels really good having over 100 subscribers now. In all honesty, I think my articles are very helpful and I only send out newsletters on new posts. So twice a week. If you haven’t yet subscribed, please do. I would love you forever. 😉 You can do so just by typing in your email in this little box right here. Nice and easy. I promise you won’t get annoyed by my posts.
Social Media Stats:
Twitter: 206 New Followers (643 total followers) Follow me
- 206 new followers in August. I am quite pleased with this number. I honestly didn’t spend more time on getting more twitter followers this month as I did last month but I still gathered about the same amount. I think the more you get, the more will start following you. I doubt I will spend a bunch of time this next month either but Ill spend a little time on it for sure.
Facebook: 594 New Friends (2312 total friends) Friend me
- I got 594 new friends in August. It is a lot less than I got in July but this was also because I didn’t spend a lot of time or effort to build this. I maybe spend 5 or 10 minutes max on Facebook now. August was just a really busy month for so maybe that will change this coming month. We’ll see.
Pinterest: 960 New Followers (7,119 total followers) Follow me
- Okay last month I got 5k new followers and I spent a lot of time on it. This month I still got 960 new ones which is not bad at all. Again on this one I also reduced the amount of time I spend on it. I get very little traffic from Pinterest so that is mainly why but I will one day figure out how to get some awesome pinterest traffic. I read a lot of these blog reports and see there are bloggers who get the majority of the their traffic from pinterest.
So there you have it folks, my third full month blog statistics and income from a new blogger who started with zero experience. I hope you enjoyed reading the stats. I seem to find great pleasure in reading how other bloggers do each month. I really love the idea of posting the monthly income report which is why I created:
The Ultimate List of Monthly Blogger Income Reports where you can view actual monthly incomes from over 40 different bloggers.
How do you think I am doing so far? Any tips or suggestions? If you would like to recieve emails on future income reports and others posts when they are released, please subscribe here: