Welcome to my second edition of my monthly blog income report. Each Month I will prepare a report in which I will publish all my blog statistics and income that have been generated from Cash Flow Diaries.
As mentioned last month, I am still new to the blogging scene so don’t expect great numbers. Regardless what the numbers are, it will not deter me from my ultimate goal to retire early. The main purpose of my blog is to help motivate me and others generate enough passive income to retire early. Any income made from this blog is just icing on the cake.
Cash Flow Diaries was born on May 22nd, 2015, that is day I bought the domain name. The remaining month of May I spent creating the first posts and making the blog ready for showing the world. June 2015 was the first full month which I was very pleased with and now July 2015 is my second full month of blogging.
July has not been a walk in the park at all as far as keeping up with the blog. I have spent so much time and effort trying to promote the site, writing guest posts for other blogs, trying to write awesome content and just maintaining the blog in general. I think it has paid off though as I shattered just about all my statistics from the first month.
Lets get to the meat and bones.
Startup Costs: (Born on date – May 22,2015)
Site Purchase from Blue Host for 3 years: $-226.08 **Affiliate link**
Logo Purchase: $-50
Total Startup Costs: $-276.08
- I will not include my startup costs in my monthly blog income reports however until I generate enough income to cover all the startup costs. I will be in the RED.
Google AdSense: $29.95
- These are the finalized earnings from July 1st to July 31st. I honestly can’t believe I am making this much money from AdSense already. This caught me by surprise and I am ecstatic to be earning this. I honestly thought it was going to be a few dollars a month when I first started blogging but I have already made a total of $50 from Google AdSense since I started in just two months. I really hope July wasn’t a fluke for me and hope I can match that or do better for August.
Amazon Affiliate: $0.90
- Oh yeah!! I made my first amazon affiliate money! Yes its less than $1 buy you have to start somewhere right?? This is great news for me and I’m hoping it will continue. I had a very low conversion rate on amazon clicks but that is expected because my site isn’t really geared toward advertising products or selling anything. I recommend a few books here and there but that is pretty much it. For now I will just keep doing what I’m doing and if people click on my amazon ads and order something, then great!!
Flex Offers Affiliate: $0
- I have 3 affiliate ads from Flex Offers that I’m using however there was zero money made from any of these. I did have a few clicks but just no conversions. It’s okay though, I’m completely happy with this and am not expecting to make a ton of money of these particular ads.
Blue Host Affiliate: $0
- No love yet on the Blue Host affiliate. I had some clicks just not any conversion. For now, will leave it be and just wait and see what happens next month.
- Wow! I was never expecting to do something like this but I had a reader contact me about offering mentor/coaching advice and I accepted. The reader had zero experience on purchasing real estate and the reader wants to do the same exact thing I’m doing with real estate investing. So I spent time on the phone answering a ton of questions and giving all the advice and knowledge I have on how to get started. I also offered step by step or basically a hand holding through the whole process if and when the reader chooses to take action. For all I know, this person could end up being the next Donald Trump! 😉
Theme Upgrade: $18
- I was running the free theme version for the first month but decided to pay for the PRO version due to features I really needed like Mobile enhancement and a few other little features that just make my life easier for customizing the blog. This was a very necessary expense and Im happy with it.
StumbleUpon Paid Discovery: $20
- Okay this was just me being a bonehead. I was really curious on what kind of traffic I would get If I pushed out a few of my articles on stumbleupon. It cost me about .10 per visit and this was just a bad decision on my end. Overall I got about 200 page views from stumbleupon and they were all pretty much a high bounce rate. Definitely not doing this again. It was really dumb idea anyways for me to pay for advertising because I’m not even selling anything. It just doesn’t make sense for me to pay to get the blog out there so I will not be spending anymore money on advertising. At least not in the foreseeable future.
PayPal Fees: $2.91
- This was just the fee I was charged from Paypal when I got paid to do the coaching/mentoring above. No biggie!
Total Monthly Income for July, 2015: (Income minus Expenses)
- Mind blown!! I am actually making money from this blog. I mean I know there are tons of bloggers out there making money but I just never thought it would happen to me. I guess it is just catching me by surprise so it’s hard to wrap my head around it but I think this is super cool.
Blog Statistics and Traffic:
Page Views: 7,176 (+3,182 from June)
- Okay I shattered the amount of page views I was secretly hoping for which was 5,000. I had just under 4,000 my first month in June and thought if I can grow the page views 1,000 more per month I would be happy with that. But this went far and above my expectations. I am super happy with 7k page views for month number 2. I spent a ton of time trying to promote the blog in July and it definitely shows in the number. I will bust my butt again in August promoting the blog and hopefully I can continue doing better.
Bounce Rate: 59.92% (-8.77% from June)
- I improved my bounce rate by about 9% and I think this is because I got a great tip from another blogger about blocking out spambots from the page views. I implemented some changes on the site to not block spambots and I believe this is why the number went down. I think I am happy with this number but ultimately I guess I want it to go down. I just don’t know what a good bounce rate % should be.
Subscriber Count: 36 New Subscribers (59 total subscribers)
- I got 36 new subscribers in July and that I am super stoked about that number. That is more than 1 person per day. I put in a new subscriber pop up that comes up after 1 minute of being on the blog and I think people like that better. 59 total subscribers is great! At least for me it is.
Twitter: 210 New Followers (437 total followers) Follow me
- 210 new followers in July. I am quite pleased with this number but I wish it was higher. Im finding it a little difficult to get more twitter followers. I feel like I can do better than this. I will probably read some articles on if there is any strategy to growing my twitter feed. When comparing the growth from twitter to my other social media, this is by far the slowest one and that is why I am not totally pleased with this. But I do love my followers!
Facebook: 1,229 New Friends (1718 total friends) Friend me
- Huge jump on my facebook. I got 1,229 new friends in July and I think that is a lot!! I joined a bunch of groups and have been requesting friends with other people who are in the same groups. Most of the groups are real estate investing groups but there are a few personal finance and blogger groups I joined as well and it seemed fitting. I will continue what I am doing on facebook for August and hope the aggressive growth trend continues.
Pinterest: 5,432 New Followers (6,159 total followers) Follow me
- Wow this account has been blowing up far faster than the others but this is also the one that provides the least referral count. I barely get any page views from Pinterest. There is just not a lot of love for real estate investors on here. People just love animals and food it seems like on this site. But it’s okay. The fact that I get a few hits from this is good enough for me and I don’t spend that much time on this. Plus I’m thinking the bigger following I get the more options I’ll have in the future once I figure out a way to use this properly as a source generator.
So there you have it folks, my second full month blog statistics and income from a new blogger who started with zero experience. I hope you enjoyed reading the stats. I seem to find great pleasure in reading how other bloggers do each month. I really love the idea of posting the monthly income report which is why I created:
The Ultimate List of Monthly Blogger Income Reports where you can view actual monthly incomes from 39 different bloggers.
How do you think I am doing so far? Any tips or suggestions?